Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More about Champ

This is a letter my Champ sent to me when I was seven years old. You can actually read it if you click on it and make it bigger. It's pretty funny. I have some other letters I've saved from him, too. They crack me up. And they make me feel grateful for my status in the family as oldest grandchild (with apologies to my cousins). Champ died when I was 18, so I have lots of pretty clear memories and some nice letters.




And this is Shani about a year after our Champ died. I lived with Shani and his 3 older siblings (more about them later) from late August of 1989 until around 1993. Our mothers are sisters (Cindy and Sally), the first and second oldest children of Champ and Grammie Robin (more about her later, too.  For now I'll just mention that she is AMAZING and my hero). Sometimes I say that Shani was my first baby because I really enjoyed helping to take care of him when I lived there. I carried him around in a snuggli and fed him pickles and he was the apple of my eye. He's 19 now and has been living in NYC for a year. I'm just as impressed with him now as I was then, but isn't this the cutest darn picture?






And here is Shani at my Summer Solstice party on Saturday.  

1 comment:

atleastacupoftea said...

Dear Zoe,
This web site is really cool. It would be funny to have a picture of all the cousins looking incredibly wacky. Can I add things to this blog?
Love,
Nell

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed