Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Really? I Live Here?


I took my cute little camera on my trail run this early morning. These are shots from my usual course that my friend Dance Duck (aka Nichole) turned me on to many years ago. I've run this course countless times and even gotten brave enough to do it all alone in the early morning when I figure lots of critters (bear and moose?!) are moving around. But I bring my good dog Rosie and we make noise. This morning I startled a deer, who startled me. But mostly, I'm just in awe of and in love with the beauty of it all. I've even written poems about this run. I feel so fortunate to live here and after 12 years I still marvel at my luck and the wonder of this amazing place.


Click on this picture (just below) to see the wild beast!



3 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful pictures- If only I could run with you andRosie

Sally said...

When I moved here 29 years ago everyone thought I was nuts; Shelley -- to this day -- asks me when I am moving home. But, I knew I was home the moment I arrived, and I can't even say in words how I felt the day I knew you were going to come here for school. I used to dream you would never leave. And here you are, a dream come true.

David said...

Yes, Sally, and eventually you got ME up here as a bonus! And I got to live in such a beautiful place, which I really love (the evil and idiotic doings of certain of my neighbors notwithstanding)! Of course, the grandchildren deserve much of the credit for that.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed