Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Happy Life.

Such a perfect weekend.  It's Saturday and I slept late this morning (8:30!  Half the day was gone but it was ohsosweet!).  Then after leisurely coffee and some delicious local bacon and eggs I drove Patrick to his friend's house then came back and did a 6 mile run in 9 degree, sunny, sunny weather on what has to be one of the most beautiful ridges in the world with the 2 cutest, most loving dogs anywhere.  Neil made a fire in the upstairs wood stove so I came back to a cozy house.  I'm often freezing for the whole day after a winter morning run, but not today. Since Harper is racing and Pat is at his friend's house Neil and I had the crib to ourselves for a restful afternoon.  I baked a cake for my cousin's birthday party and I'm waiting for it to cool.  In a while we'll go to the party and visit with all kinds of wonderful family and friends who I miss, including Misty and baby Theo!

Tomorrow my beautiful mother and my beautiful daughter and I are going to Burlington for lunch, spa treatments and shopping at our favorite consignment shop.  Luxury.

The house is warm and smells good and looking out the windows I see my yard, the trees, the snow, the blue sky.

No comments:

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed