Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Political Education of an Eleven Year Old Girl: a Snippet

4-22-82
...So let me tell you why I robbed a bank.  First of all the group that I used to be a member of, was a political group.  We use to picket stores with high food prices, and we use to have group demonstrations in the public parks.  They were geared toward educating the people in the community about stuff like police brutality, or how racist the city government were toward black and spanish speaking people.  One of our goals were to educate the people and to organize them around their day to day needs, for instance, we use to go into a community, where the housing were real ragged and really run down, and we would put printed leaflets out in the community to the people telling them about city ordinances and housing laws and how they could all get together and make the landlords fix the houses, and bring them up to standards.  Some time we would get with the local workers and support them when they went on a strike for higher pay to meet the high cost of living, or for a better and safer working conditions in the industries.
Well later on a group of us began searching for a way to support the organization and our selves.  So we decided to take up robbing banks because we knew the government had to give the people their money back because bank money was federally insured by the federal government.  Another reason we did it was because or our political beliefs, which were take from the rich and give to the poor :), well thats why and how I got into robbing banks.

... :) Well I'm gonna go and do my stretch exercises, so you take care and remember that you can be anything you want to be, just work at it!"

2 comments:

Sally said...

When my very closest, oldest friends have called to check on me I've told them I can't talk yet and they have to call me later. Your post carries a piece of why. I don't even know where to begin to let that Sekou go. Thank you for posting it. And for letting me know you did. I love you.

Deb said...

Thanks, Zoe. And for today's post. Love, Deb

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed