Sunday, December 7, 2008

And Now They're 20 and Singing at Their College...

Jordan and Kayla are a couple of the youngest descendants of Champ in my generation. Our mothers are sisters. They are beautiful and sweet and creative and talented, each in their unique ways. I love them. Here they are as babies...

This is Jordan:

This is Kayla:
Or at least that's the family consensus on which twin is which. They looked a lot alike back then.

Kayla and Jordan have been singing this song and making us cry since they were 7 years old. Last night they sang it at the college talent show and won 2nd place! I think they should have won first place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me teary every time ... even here sitting in my office. I love the way they look toward each other randomly, not to check on words or pitch or timing, just periodically one glances over to the other. I know exactly what love is, love is real simple and true; love is that feeling my heart gets because I've always been held close by all of you.

Anonymous said...

And the coldly analytical uncle said: funny, I thought at least some of the glances WERE to check on pitch, especially since they sometimes went to a higher key on the next verse following. A smooth move that they didn't have at age 7, I thought, & very nicely done.

Anonymous said...

I love how your title of this evokes the song they sang! Clever!

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed