Sunday, December 21, 2008

Quelle Bonne Chance, N'est-ce Pas?

Thanks to Dad and the Fays for hosting the kids so we could have a weekend away to celebrate our 14th anniversary.  We left Montreal before 7:00AM (it was still dark as night!) to get home before this snow.  Good thing, too.  We made it just in time.
We stuffed ourselves with couscous, lamb, chicken and merquez at Au Tarot (and oh, the mint tea at the end is so perfect!) and rich, deeply flavored French at our very favorite bistro, Le P'tit Plateau.   We went to a special exhibit at the Contemporary Art Museum and shopped for cheese at La Vieille Europe, but because it was so cold out, we mostly just curled up by the fire.  And that was nicer than anything else I could imagine.  



P.S. While I was looking to see if P'tit Plateau had a website, I found this cool blog.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you've been raving about Le P'tit Plateau for a long time and I've tended to fuss about price, but the "1000-words" pictures of food on that blog (& the descriptions) are pretty tempting. And I thought you didn't care for white beans! I'm glad you guys had a good celebration, and I guess I'll just have to try that restaurant!

Zoe said...

Dad, I told Neil that I'm going to bring you there but call ahead and ask them to give us a menu without prices on it so you can just really enjoy it. Of course, I'll need you credit card at the end of the meal. (kidding).
The cassoulet inspired me to make some. I'm going to do it right some weekend in February.

Anonymous said...

An ingenious solution! I'm with ya, credit card at the ready.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed