Saturday, August 8, 2009

Lonely?

In some ways, it is good to be an only child. Because being alone is okay. I'm listening to the folks having a dinner party on the deck across the way. They seem very sophisticated and whatever they are cooking smells amazing. Someone else on the street is playing their guitar. It's fun being a voyeur and listening to them all. City living at it's best! What's more, there is a 3/4 moon. And whoah....pretty brilliant fireworks, of which I am not usually a huge fan, but sitting here in the living room and seeing them perfectly without too much excessive noise is alright! Anyway, the kids are in bed and my mom and Wayne and Neil all left for points south earlier today. It's a gorgeous night. I do wish Neil were here and it was a treat having my mom and Wayne hang out for a couple of days. But I'm not actually lonely and I don't mind being alone. Oh, and Rosie's here. She might even sleep with me.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Another only child likes this very much.
I love you - see you tomorrow or Monday!

Mom said...

An only child who has kept her childhood girlfriends fiercely close all these years. I admire you.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed