Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Lovermont

It is so lovely to be home! I had a great 3 weeks in the city and my class was excellent. I learned a bit of french and met some nice and interesting people. But I am so glad to be home in Vermont. In the beginning, I felt I could live in Montreal. It's a wonderful city, with great parks, lots of diversity, terrific restaurants and an easygoing, laid back atmosphere. But by the third week I was homesick for country life. There's no place like home and there is no place like the Northeast Kingdom. I love it here. I love the way the air smells, the sounds of the rustling leaves and bugs and birds singing; I love my home and my beautiful, wild yard. I love my friends and seeing folks I know everywhere I go. And I missed Neil, most of all.

Because I love running so much, I can't help but compare my two favorite running routes, city and country, and their apexes. In Montreal, I run in Parc Mont Royal, which is fantastic. The apex of that run looks like this:
In Vermont, the apex of my favorite trail run looks like this:

(for more pics of this route, on the Kingdom Trails, click here)

As you can see, these are two totally different places, both full of glory and wonder. I'm glad to know them both so well.

No comments:

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed