Saturday, March 6, 2010

Food is Good

As my regular readers know, I am training for a marathon in May. Today I ran 17 miles and it was pretty hard. It was hard because I couldn't eat enough before or during the run. I've been having some GI trouble on my longer runs. Luckily, today, I passed my dad's house at mile seven and was able to make a pit stop and use his facilities. (Dad lives just 2.5 miles away, but I did a five mile loop with Rosie before dropping her off at my house and continuing on, making Dad's Rest Area pop up at mile 7, exactly when I needed it. Phew).

In any case, I made it through my planned 17 miles at a decent pace and after a bath and some stretching, I was ready to eat. And all I could think about was cheesy popovers!* So I made some and ate them with Gram's Blueberry Jam and my friend Jen's homegrown, homemade pickled garlic. Boy was that a perfect lunch!

* I didn't use gruyere, but some leftover french cheese I had bought in Montreal. It had a firm texture and was fairly mild. I can't remember what it was called. It worked beautifully.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yum. I want to try some of Jen's pickled garlic, and will definitely try that popover recipe. Kudos on the good run!

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Oh yum yum yum yum. I think the 'popover' is another thing of your land that I must master if I am going to pass my citizenship exam. Am I right? Am I?

Zoe said...

You are right NWM. Popovers aren't from your land? I think of them as going with tea...

Anyway, you'll find them very simple to make and wonderful to eat.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed