Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wicked Awesome Snow!

Today was nearly perfect. We awoke to about 6 inches of new snow and it was still coming down. We spent the morning cross country skiing. Here are the kids headed out on the trails:
This is me:
Patrick taking a rest:

My handsome husband:

She She and me:
Rosie was happiest of all:
This is a picture of Patrick climbing a very steep hill on his skis after about an hour and a half of steady skiing. What? You can't see Pat in his cute little red, Eval Knieval, ski pants? Oh, that's because my kid is a goddamn machine and booked it up the hill before I could take my camera out of my pocket! Cross country skiing is his calling:
After our morning of skiing, we left Neil behind to watch football and the kids and I went to a friend's house in a beautiful spot in Sutton for an informal sledding party. Boy, did we tucker ourselves out! But it's January (not March) so we still love winter.




Oh, and I made a lamb tagine for dinner, which was a pretty good ending:

1 comment:

Maria said...

Looks like a lovely winter day. I wish we had this much snow or better yet wish I could have been out there with the crew. The tangine looks yummy. It makes me want to eat lamb.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed