Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Anti-Holiday

To escape fireworks*, parades, and the general celebration of so-called "Independence Day", I like to take my family to the Montreal Jazz Festival. We had a good time last year and decided to go again this weekend. Yesterday I was superpsyched to see That 1 Guy was giving a free show at 7:00 PM. I saw T1G several years ago and have been watching his tour schedule ever since in hopes of catching him again. His is a feel-good-laugh-riot-rock-out-with-your-socks-out show. I took some video clips, but there is nothing like the feeling of his live performance.

A clip from one of my favorite songs: Weasel Pot Pie...

At the end, Patrick got his autograph and a picture.

Happy Jazz Fest!

*My parents and I are the only people on the planet who do not love fireworks. We have our reasons. Not that they are the same reasons; no particular family trauma or anything like that. We're just weird, I guess.

2 comments:

Maria said...

What in heaven's name are T1G's instruments? Sounds like much fun. As for fireworks, I can take'em or leave'em, the hype and trouble never lives up to the show. And anyway, aren't fireworks just simulated war for civilians? What's to like about that?

Cindy said...

Yes, Maria, that's exactly it!!

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed