Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School, A New Job and Some Changes

The kids started school this week. Seventh grade and fourth grade. Holy shit, I must be old. So far so good, both kids are happy.












Neil resigned from his job at Youth Services on Monday. He has worked there for nine years. And he's accepted a position with the St. Johnsbury Community Justice Center as the Reparative Board Coordinator, a great organization and a job he's highly qualified for that pays a little better per hour than his current position. And we've figured out health insurance details. But here is the catch: it's only 20 hours a week. So he was going to ask his current boss if he could keep some hours at Youth Services, just for the sake of our finances. But as I was driving to Newport on Monday to work on setting up a new DV/SV program in the northern part of our state, I thought to myself, "this is so much work, I should work full time." Neil and I have both worked a little more than 3/4 time for years, sharing the responsibilities of children and home. So I called my boss and she thought I should work full time, too. Plus, I started co-facilitating a group for men who batter on Monday nights, which also pays me money. So, beginning week after next, I'll work full-time (plus the group) and Neil will work 1/2 time for money and be the house husband. We're both looking forward to our slightly tweaked roles. My dad, however, is concerned with the quality of the meals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very exciting! Let's hear it for changes! President Obama and Neil's Meals!

Anonymous said...

Not really "concerned" about quality of meals - that makes it sound like my main interest around your house is in the food! - just "interested" in Neil's upcoming kitchen apprenticeship. Based on last week's tacos, I predict that he'll do fine, even if the rolls need a little tweaking (but you really meant "roles", right?). And that along with the rest of your lives, the kitchen could also end up reorganized, amidst a certain din of pots & pans! Large congrats & best wishes on impending job satisfaction!

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed