Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beer Thirty

We are on vacation! I'm writing this on my gram's computer. We've been here enjoying Camp since Saturday. Actually, the kids were here the whole week prior with their grandparents and some of their cousins enjoying all the Old Home Week festivities and Neil and I came to join them on Saturday. We had a couple of sunny days and the weather has been a little iffy since, though better today. But I haven't even minded the rain. When it rains the lake is really quiet so that you can skinny dip during the day and you don't have to be vigilant about sun screening the children. Plus, the cooler weather has been nice for my running. And I've been a fabulous sleeper.

I was just sitting down at the lake with Neil, reading and listening to H and P play happily together (ahhhh--knock on wood) and Neil started wondering what time it was and I said maybe it was time for a beer and he said, "beer-thirty" and I asked him if he made that up and we had a super good laugh and I chased him up to the camp, laughing hysterically, while he pretended to try to run away from me because I'm such a goof ball. I love him. Anyway, it's been great luxury lounging around, getting lots of sleep, reading, eating lobster, drinking a beer at 3:30 in the afternoon, visiting with Gram and just doing whatever we want to do. Especially since the last couple of weeks at work were really busy for me (and will be really busy when I return) and Neil kind of hates his job. So vacation is all the more sweet.

On Thursday we leave here for Boston where Neil and I will go see the John Butler Trio and G. Love and Special Sauce. The kids will go to Lisa's Pizza with my mom, Wayne and their Crandlemere aunts and cousins. Then Friday we'll go to Jackson, N.H. because Saturday morning is Neil's Big Race. This will be his sixth year, including last year which was canceled on account of ice. But the excitement doesn't end there, because once we get back down the mountain, we'll be racing to Kali and Jen's Wedding! Can you believe it? Kali getting married. I'm really looking forward to celebrating their big day. After the wedding, we'll head back to Jackson for the night and then Sunday morning we leave for Rockland, ME, where we will take a ferry to Vinalhaven. We have rented a house there for a week. I imagine that once on Vinalhaven we'll do many of the things we've been doing here, except by the ocean instead of by the lake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Pennsy. fans are wondering what the heck happened on Mt. Washington. I know the post is coming but I can't wait. Yea, I know we could use the phone, but you know I have that phone disability. Looking forward to reading more.
Love you, Ria

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed