Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Birthday to Harper

Today is my baby girl's 12th birthday.  Isn't that incredible?  So far, she's turned out pretty great and I really like her.  She's fun.  Here's a little story about Harper:  When she was 4 years old we were visiting Jen and Benjie and Baxter (I don't think Samantha was born yet) and Harper woke up super early and was loud in a house full of sleeping people and made me really angry.  So Neil and I yelled at her for a bit and then our family went out to breakfast at the Putney Diner so the Cragins could sleep in a quiet house.  Patrick was a little baby and while we were waiting for our breakfast, he did something cute and funny (I can't remember what).  Harper, with puffy eyes from crying due to our traumatic morning, got a big, huge grin and said, "He's kind of fun to have around."  Anyway, now I have to wake her up on school days, so times have changed, but she and her brother are mostly pretty fun to have around.  

Speaking of birthdays, I can't get over how many people I love were born in August. Here's a list:

August 2--Gram and Riley

August 9--Tommy

August 12--Jen Cragin

August 20--Jeremy, Jocelyn and Shea

August 22--Jonah

August 25--Danielle

August 30--Harper

August 31--Fritz


And Misty and Myles (Pat's best friend) on September 1st, so that's almost August, too. Actually, September is a pretty good runner up to August because after Misty and Myles we have Raetha, Maria and Peter.  Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Harper! 12 has always been one of my very favorite ages (no doubt you'll hear more about why than you particularly want to), starting with when it was mine, & carrying on through your mom, Da, Henekis, other family folk - & now you! I'm happily looking forward to enjoying YOUR 12hood, as I have all the others.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed