Thursday, September 4, 2008

Champ's Birthday and Keeping it Really, Really, Real.

My mom wrote a beautiful comment on Tuesday's posting about her dad and his birthday and remembering him.  I love my mom.  "Love" is a pretty insufficient word to describe how I feel about my mom, but it'll have to suffice, at least for now.  I love her SO much. Ah, that feels more like it.

As you can see, I have two beautiful, wonderful and smart children who I love desperately, of course.  But sometimes they're little shits.  Villains.  I came home from a hard, busy, exhausting day, and all they've done is treat me with disrespect and rudeness.  I've had it with them. Thank god they've gone outside and left me alone for a few minutes.  I could go on, but eventually they'll probably read this and I'll feel horrible for having said things based on frustration, exhaustion and a bad mood.  But I think every parent feels this way sometimes.  I bet Champ did.  Wow, Gram probably even felt this way. There's comfort in knowing that.  

Anyway, I can't really complain.  Neil's always nice to me, even when the kids are jerks and I'm grumpy.  Plus, he cleans the house.  And he says things like this to our kids: "pull your head out of your ass."   I really like that.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Villians! I love it! Woman, you know I feel ya. I popped in for a minute between my two mind-numbing meetings because I missed my little shits, only to wonder why I bothered to stop at all. Sometimes they're better in the abstract! But go look at them when they're sleeping tonight - that will make it all good.

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed