Friday, September 26, 2008

She She Downtown

The following entry was written by Harper, the original She She, after whom the little people were named:

On Thursday night we were at my grandpa's house for dinner. After dinner we went into the storage barn. My brother Pat was rummaging through the stuff when he found a huge garbage bag. In it was a bunch of fisher price little people (or as we would call them "she-she's") one of the items in the bag was the little town. SHE-SHE DOWNTOWN!!!! The toy I haven't seen in about 9 years . When I was about 2 or so I would spend hours playing with it, and when my parents told me I needed a diaper change I would say "change-um- soon" which meant don't change my diaper yet. Anyway when I found it, it was one of the most amazing moments of my 12 years lived.
LONG LIVE SHE-SHE DOWNTOWN!!!


Harper and Pat celebrate the rediscovery of She-She Downtown with a dance.



4 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so confused. My GRANDDAUGHTER is writing about back when she was in diapers! How can I possibly be that old?

AmadoDRN said...

OMG, hysterical- She She Downtown...and Chang'em soon! Time flies in such an insideous and strange manner.

Anonymous said...

There are all sorts of treasures to be found in grandpa's storage barn! It's great to have a place to preserve good old stuff, where packrat tendencies can be fully indulged. Let's just hope the red squirrels, who've been gnawing at the styrofoam boxes, will be merciful with the treasures.

Anonymous said...

Hey, and my granddaughter can WRITE, can't she? proud proud proud

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed