Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Missed You!

Lately I've been missing the people I don't get to see as much of as I'd like. So this weekend was a huge treat because the amazing, wonderful, funny, hard working, soul feeding Ms Misty came to visit. We climbed Haystack yesterday, just the two of us, which gave us an uninterrupted few hours to talk nonstop in a mad effort to catch up, then I got to make and eat dinner with her and a bunch more people I love and then we went out dancing and partying.








Neil and I came home around 1:00 to relieve Grandpa David, the babysitter, but the others stayed out later (much later. I was impressed) and when I woke up this morning, I really wasn't sure who would be here. It was fun to discover not just Misty on my couch, but Henekis and Alan on the futon and Netdahe and Brook downstairs in the guest bed. Then I got to make eggs and ham and toast and sit around giggling with them all morning. And the kids got to cuddle with Henekis and Misty, always a coveted treat. It was all really sweet and satisfying. I don't envy Misty the 3.5 hour drive home late this afternoon on so little sleep, but I really appreciate that she made the long trip so we could spend some much needed time together.

















For some reason I really get a chuckle seeing Dahe in his big-boy-proper-guy sweater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! And I will be so happy to be there in a week and two days!

Anonymous said...

I have to wonder how much later than 1:00 you two early birds would have lasted if you HADN'T had the babysitter to relieve...

Anyway, you didn't mention the apple pies, which were outstanding!

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed