Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nausea

http://www.pollster.com/

I'm so afraid. I'm afraid of hope. I'm afraid of counting chickens before they hatch. I'm afraid to believe. I literally want to vomit whenever I think about next Tuesday. I feel nauseous and overwhelmed with fear and dreams and suppressed excitement and terrified optimism and hope for a president we can respect, believe in and admire as an icon. It's more than just the disappointment of the last two elections that has me on tenterhooks. It's the hype and hubris that terrifies me. It's the sliver of possibility, the risk and the bracing for disappointment that makes me worry like a kid who can't keep her birthday cake down.

Don't forget to vote, and tell all your friends and knock on some doors this weekend. And some wood. And pray.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%!!! I look through the paper for more polls showing Obama ahead, but curse the other articles for declaring McCain the loser already. Tuesday can't come soon enough, but at the same time, I'm afraid to be disappointed.

Anonymous said...

Check out this Simpson portrayal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra0auEa6rEs&feature=related

lurker's husband said...

tuesday can't come soon enough

Marathoning--A Record of My Times

  • NEW HAMPSHIRE MARATHON, October 3, 2015. 4 hrs. 56 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MONTREAL "ROCK 'N' ROLL MARATHON, September 22, 2013. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 41 seconds.
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2012. 4 hrs. 20 minutes, 8 seconds.
  • MOUNT DESERT ISLAND MARATHON (Maine), October 2011, 4 hrs. 45 minutes, 14 seconds
  • SUGARLOAF MARATHON (Maine), May 2010. 4 hrs. 18 minutes, 35 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2008. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 33 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2008. 4 hrs. 11 minutes, 58 seconds
  • VERMONT CITY MARATHON, May 2007. 4 hrs. 19 minutes, 42 seconds
  • MONTREAL MARATHON, September 2006. 4hrs, 30 minutes, 2 seconds

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed